Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

FALL FESTIVAL (another 9 Patch Quilt)


A simple and  beautiful quilt in wonderful fall colors:

This quilt is just a simple 9 patch with sashing and posts between the blocks, but it sure shines in these fall colors. I love fall (especially in Maine), and the colors and textures that go with that season. It is a scrap quilt and the 9 patch blocks are made up of 4" squares.  The sashing and posts are 2.5". The top was pieced January to June 2010.

 I realized last fall how much I like the colors purple, green, black and orange together. I am not a Halloween fan at all, but this quilt is just flat out cheery. I just finished the top yesterday!!!!!!

Yippee !!!! The top is done.

It was fun to go through my scraps to find orange and purple scraps that were big enough to cut 4" squares from them.  I found a lot of purple scraps but not many orange.  I ended up cutting into my orange yardage to get enough squares for the blocks.

The outside border was hard to decide what I wanted to do - I finally opted just to continue the sashing and posts as the border and call it done.

Update 6/19/12: It was machine quilted by RLM in Sept. 2011, and I got the tag done over the winter.

The quilting is a swirly design

Finished size is 96 x 96 inches.

The backing is a black floral on white that I purchased at Paducah, KY and of course there is a cross stitched label to go with the quilt.





This quilt is #773 in my quilt scrapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment