Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

ARROW


ARROW: I had never seen this pattern before, so when I saw this top at an antique store last fall in southern Indiana, I had to get it, especially at the wonderful price of $30. It is about double bed size, intact and in good condition. I am guessing it was sewn by several people over many years as the fabric is very definately from different times (late 1800's to 1940's), and the piecing has several different seam and stitch sizes. I had it machine quilted by RLM. It has a poly batt, and a red and white toile for the backing. I did the binding in the fall of 2010.

Ok, I confess: I collect toile fabric (any color or design) and then can not bare to cut it up for quilts. The solution is to piece together enough of it is the same colors to make backings for my quilts, which I have done since my husband suggested it.

At a local quilt show Sept 18 - 19, 2010 I spoke to several elderly ladies while there, and none of them admitted to knowing what the pattern was either - ok, so maybe the maker made it up. If only someone had taken time to document something about this quilt in a tag on the back.........

No comments:

Post a Comment