Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2019

RETURNED FROM TRIP AND READY TO GO AGAIN

In my previous blog post, I was leaving for two weeks to see family and go to Maine for a quilt retreat.  Had a great time - it was hard to return to the traffic and noise of real life.  I did not get nearly as much quilting done as I hoped and planned for - I guess I just needed to stop and really relax.  Read a couple books just for fun (gasp !!) and walked a lot in the beautiful nature I was surrounded with.

I was planning on doing mostly applique during this time - it's easy to stop and start, and picking up where I left off allowed me time to walk, visit, and look at the scenery. I even did some more of a counted cross stitch project I started last year while in Maine. I work hard for 50 weeks a year to have these two precious weeks a year to totally relax and do only what I enjoy (phone and internet connection was not reliable so even technology was put away).

I can't decide if I want leaves or not.....

So combining 3 sections of small tumblers and 2 sections of flowers with solid colored borders between - still a work in progress. 


It has been years since I heard loons, but they were a constant on this lake.  Wonderful, eerie call that they make just made the time at the lake even better.

This trip was a good reminder to take some real time off - from work, stress, technology, day to day life, and really just relax.  I woke rested and ready to take on each day - not because I had to, but because I wanted to.  I am not a movie/TV watcher normally, but as a group we watched "chick flicks" each evening (usually something with Sandra Bullock) and it felt so good just to laugh and joke. Wow, didn't even feel guilty for not doing anything while just sitting there.....

So, here is a few photos of the scenery around the cabin deep in the Maine woods. It was rustic, fun, and stress free.
Early evening - the loons are calling, but too far away to get a good photo

Mid day view from the picnic table

Beautiful fall color
On the outhouse door - there was a tin can inside for $$
This photo might inspire me to try a landscape quilt
See post on new blog: https://indianaquilter40.com/flowers-tumblers-or-scraps-are-taking-over-my-world-part-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment