Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2019

OFF TO A QUILT RETREAT


Happy Fall
View from Haystack Mountain in northern Maine 9/1998

Peace and calm in northern Maine - 9/1998


Well, it is September again and it is time to endure flying (I remember when it was fun to fly.....) so I can see family in Lancaster, PA for a few days before heading up to northern rural Maine for the annual quilt retreat. We decided to rent a cabin deep in the woods on a lake this year instead of meeting at SB's home.  We have been sewing together for over 20 years and started back when Loring AFB was still up and active - about half of the group are local ladies and the other half of us were Air Force wives. We did all kinds of sewing projects together and have just continued the tradition once a year when we can all get together.

However, the internet connection is very undependable there so I may not be posting anything until I return in two weeks.  In the meantime, I will take lots of photos and hopefully even get one or two of the four projects I am taking along completed - wow, wouldn't that be something.....

So the three projects I am taking are:

1. English paper piecing hexagons in two sizes to work on "flowers" to applique to "vines" for part of  a scrap quilt.  I have the background fabric cut and the vines already sewn down so just need to add the flowers.

The bigger size hexies - scraps being put to beautiful use.


2. Pumpkin Spice - this wall hanging needs the pumpkins appliqued down and something done about an outside border and it will be ready to quilt.




3. A strip quilt trying to use up the leftovers from several log cabin quilts.  This one is more an idea at this point so I guess we will see how it works out - sorry, no photos yet.



In the meantime, please read older posts you haven't gotten to yet, and just have a great time quilting.  The time will fly by fast and I will be back to show off the projects and give some basic directions before you know it.

Another place for quilting ideas is my Pintrest account: https://www.pinterest.com/morrfamily0476/

                                                         





No comments:

Post a Comment