Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

SHIPS (another panel quilt)

Distant cousin and wife accepting quilt


Here is another example of what can be done with panels.  I had 2 yards of this sailing ship panel, which alone was not big enough to make a quilt for a double bed.  I carefully cut the panels out using the border on the the panels as a guide then added another fabric block between the ships. It was machine quilted in 1995 by BE of Joliet, MT.  Rather than spend my time binding it, I paid KL to do the binding.

My distant cousin and his wife owned a sailboat and when we visited them back in the 1980's we also got to go out on it - what fun. They loved to be out on their sailboat, including a sailing trip to Greece from northern Germany where they live. When they visited us in the fall of 1995, I had this ready for them.  This quilt resides in Germany with them. An American quilt in Germany is apparently a big deal !

In my scrapbook this is quilt #152.

No comments:

Post a Comment