Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

ALBUM QUILT

This album quilt was hand quilted for a customer (SB, Maine).  She pieced it from fabrics that had a very soft look out of 100% cottons. Some of the blocks were signed by other quilters in her life. The back was plain muslin. The finished size was 45" x 60". I don't remember exactly how I quilted it, but I put in 80 yards of hand quilting during Aug. 1995. I've worked on many quilts with and for her, and she likes a cotton/poly mix for batting.




After she put the binding on, she sent me this photo to let me know how it looked and that she was very satisfied with the quilting.

SB is a very skilled needlewoman, and this quilt is a good reminder to all of us that quilts don't have to be complicated to be beautiful.

In my scrapbook, this quilt is listed as #151.

No comments:

Post a Comment