Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

HEARTS

HEARTS:

 Each of the machine appliqued hearts is a different blue fabric. I pieced this in August 1990 in Maine - July 1995 in Montana. Machine quilted in Nov. 1995 by BE in Montana.



 Donated it to a local charity for their auction in April 1999.

 Finished size is 44" x 48". Cotton fabrics and poly batting.

I started out thinking I would hand applique the heart blocks, but truthfully I was busy raising children and working 30 hours a week outside my home.  I had other quilts I wanted to complete and so I machine appliqued these blocks a few a year as I made time. I kept them ready to go in a baggie by the sewing machine and could then sew them quickly. The pretty floral border was a leftover from a dress I made my daughter.

It received a ribbon for it in 1997 at the local county fair.




No comments:

Post a Comment