Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

OH THOSE CODES


OH THOSE CODES - I made this one to remember my graduation with an Assoc. in Coding Technology in April 2008. For those who don't know, in the medical world, the diagnoses that the doctor makes are converted into numbers that represent that diagnosis (dx) and those numbers are put on the claims that are sent to the insurance companies. Anyway the dx on this quilt are: 250.00 diabetes (type 2 or unspec.), 692.5 dermatitis due to food allergy, V22.0 normal first pregnancy, 564.0 constipation, 842.00 sprained wrist, and 691.0 diaper rash. Why I chose those exact codes I can't tell you.

I machine pieced and appliqued it in the spring of 2008, and RLM machine quilted it over the summer of 2008. I intended for it to hang in my office or cubicle. (#460)

No comments:

Post a Comment