Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

MY FANTASY GARDEN (Hand and machine quilting)





MY FANTASY GARDEN - This wall hanging was started in 2002 for a quilt show challenge.

 The theme for the challenge was a plain center and a fancy border. For the center strips, I used 2 Jinny Beyer fabrics, with a solid black cotton border.

The flowers and flowerpots are hand appliqued and the applique is a mixture of silk and cotton batiks. There are buttons that look like ladybugs and bees. There are also 3-D caterpillars and butterflies made by my son.



The top was done in time for the show.

The center was machine quilted by RLM in 2004, and I did the handquilting in the border on and off thru 2008. I really like appliquing with silk - it just lays exactly the way I want with no fuss.

(#462)


No comments:

Post a Comment