Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2018

LITTLE GEMS (a 2 block quilt to use up scraps)

Little Gems (a 2 block quilt to use up scraps) - This pattern is from the July/Aug 2014 "Love of Quilting" magazine.



 I have been piecing half square triangles since January 2018 for this quilt.  I used up many small scraps, and said some not very nice things about the amount of triangles this quilt required and my loosing count of where I was in the amount. I should not complain, I was after a way to use scraps and the piecing is not hard.

 So the quilt requires 2 blocks:



Once the blocks themselves were together, the top went together very easily.  I was able to sew the rows together while in Maine this year. 




It still does not have a border, but I think the design is really nice. It is currently 72" x 80". I am planning on adding 2 thin black borders with a scrap border between them. It needs to be big enough for a generous queen size.






The directions called for white fabric instead of the black I used for the background, but I think the black makes the scraps really pop - I love the colors and how the top looks so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment