Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2018

FARMALL QUILT (started life as a fabric panel)

The center of this lap quilt is a farm panel that I saw and just knew I had to make a quilt for my brother-in-law.  I brought it home and it sat for a couple years as I collected fabrics that would appeal to a Farmall collector.  Had to be careful not to get John Deere fabric (he would use words that cannot be posted here).

Pieced it in spring of 2018 by adding coordinating fabrics around the center panel in various widths - looks complicated, but is really easy to do.

Size: lap

My brother-in-law collects anything and everything Farmall. Maybe it comes from growing up on a dairy farm. Anyway, he turns 40+ next month and I made him this quilt with a farm and Farmall theme. It was actually fun. The brown border is a toile fabric that is Farmall tractors (who knew that toile came in that subject??) that I bought in Paducah while at the national quilt show. It is cotton fabric and poly batting. The back is red (like Farmall tractors)pieced with a fishing fabric I had (he likes to fish too) and the quilting thread is also red - sticking with the red theme. Machine quilted by RLM. Self bound (in other words the front is folded over on the front to make the binding).






No comments:

Post a Comment