Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2017

BIRDS IN THE AIR

I am trying to use up the scraps I have managed to collect over the years. In July, I started cutting 3" squares from scraps of both white/cream and colored prints. I hate the stretchy bias seam there is if I actually cut out triangles, so I am drawing a line diagonally on the white blocks, putting a colored square with it right sides together, and sewing a quarter inch away from the line on each side, then cutting them apart on the drawn line. So I end up with lots of little white triangles sewn to colored fabric. If I do a few each day, it does not take long to fill up the shoe box of sewn triangles, and if I have a little more time then I actually put them together in blocks.
Doing this sewing process also works great for Flying Geese, and other patterns that call for alot of triangles. I've also done this for saw tooth borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment