Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

CHRISTMAS SCRAPS

I found this pattern in the book "Facts and Fabrications: Unraveling the History of Quilts and Slavery" by Barbara Brackman. I thought it looked simple and would use up some of the larger scraps in my stash.

 This was a project I took to Maine with me this year as a quilt top I wanted to complete. The blocks are 15" and I only did 12 of them - you know, only 12 so I could actually see if I liked the pattern and how it went together. I found out that the pattern is really easy to piece and the blocks go together easily. I've already cut more for a queen size quilt. Anyway, here is how the first 5 blocks look:


Once I got home from Maine, I added the 2 borders. I like how the black really makes the green and red Christmas fabrics "pop".

I sewed together all the green left-over bindings, so even the binding is ready to be sewn on once the top is machine quilted.


Update on July 30, 2019:

This quilt was machine quilted by RLM in 2018.  I finally got the binding on and a tag added to the back in 2019.



Toile backing

Here's another photo of this quilt hanging up outside.  The colors look so bright in natural light. Link to post on new blog: https://indianaquilter40.com/personal-quilt-show-road-trip/


No comments:

Post a Comment