Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

TWO TWIN SIZE STRIP QUILTS

Strip quilts are easy, fun, and a great way to use up leftovers. I did these two twin size quilts in early 2007 for my nephew and niece in Minnesota.

The nice thing about this pattern is that the strips can be any width that you want or that works best for the width of the scraps you are using.  I personally have made them with 2", 4" and 6" strips.

The nephew's quilt was leftover homespuns and dark boyish prints with a frog print border.




The niece's was mostly flowery pinks and purples strips. The border is 4 yellow prints, with one that especially cute - cheerful monkeys.



Both had plain sheets as the backing, and were tied with yarn every 2-3".


They were made to be used and the last time I saw them a couple years ago, they were looking pretty ragged. I'm glad they liked them and used them.

No comments:

Post a Comment