Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

GUILD BLOCK SAMPLER QUILT

GUILD BLOCK SAMPLER QUILT:

Various members of the Montana quilt guild I belonged to before moving to Indiana made these blocks and a name was drawn to receive them - I was so excited it was me ! Some of the blocks were fan, friendship star, spools, maple leaf, nine patch, and shoo fly. I squared up the blocks, added a couple more so there would be enough, added borders and sashing.  Yeah.....the top was complete in 1992.

Then I folded it and forgot about it.........until 1995 when I came across it again.  BE machine quilted it in 1995. I bound it and made a tag for it. It looked great on the double bed and I loved the different blocks.



My sister does not quilt, but really likes quilts.  Sometimes I pass on quilts to her and she received this on in 2000 (maybe because I got a queen bed?). We get together and camp for a long weekend each year and this year she brought along this quilt for her bed in the cabin.  It was nice to see it again, and yes, it still looks pretty good after all these years.

Sampler quilts can be fun to do.  It is a great way to make various blocks to try out directions, colors, and skill level of  blocks. Tip: If the blocks are being done by a group of people you will want to decide if there are color preferences, a specific size block or a theme before the blocks are started.

July 8. 2019

July 8, 2019

July 8, 2019

The top is cotton, the batting is poly, and the backing was a flat sheet.

 Finished size is 80" x 100".

No comments:

Post a Comment