Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

SPINNING FLOWERS (Hand quilted)

SPINNING FLOWERS: 

Date and maker unknown (but I am guessing the 1930's)  - the top came from Ohio. I hand quilted it in 1996 in a design that reflected the appliqued flower blocks. Used cream colored quilting thread. The customer marked the quilting design and supplied the batting and backing.





Once I completed the quilting and self binding, I contacted the customer who stated she was getting divorced and would contact me in a few weeks once things settled down.  I never heard from her again.  The quilt is very unique.  All solid colors. Hand appliqued. Contains 301 yards of hand quilting.  




Size is 78" x 94". The top is cotton, and the back is plain muslin. Wool batting. It is self bound with the muslin back being hand stitched down on the front. The backing fabric has a few very small spots of what appears to be purple paint on it which was no doubt on the backing fabric when I got it from the customer.




 I entered it in the local county fair in 1997 and it won both Champion and First Place. 





Update 2020:

Sold on Etsy to a woman in Pasadena, CA. 





No comments:

Post a Comment