Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

LAST ROSE OF THE SUMMER (or a trial in Yo-Yo's)

Quilt #153 in my scrapbook

I have a 1930's doll quilt that was my mom's when she was little.  It was done with yo-yo's and I had a brilliant (no, not really) idea to try my hand at making some for a quilt. I discovered very quickly that it was not a technique I wanted to do for anything bigger than a wall hanging.

I made an even dozen of them and used them as "roses" for this 30" x 33" project.  I actually entered it in a local contest at Ben Franklin store - no ribbon, but lots of comments about it being unusual.  I just machine quilted it "in the ditch" around the various straight lines of the quilt.  

Cotton fabric and poly batting.

Pieced and machine quilted Sept - Nov. of 1995 in Laurel, MT.

I have since given it to my daughter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment