Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

LEFTOVERS (or have to use up more scraps)


LEFTOVERS:



For a couple years up to 2000, I traded approx. 10,000 -  3" squares with people all over the world with few duplications. It was so fun to get mail and receive an envelope of squares in trade for others - kind of like Christmas many days a week.   I wanted to make a quilt with 2,000 different fabrics. The blocks kept coming, so I just kept trading, and eventually ended up with approx. 8,000 leftover squares.

I made 2 actual 2000 charm quilts (actually 2000 different fabrics in each one), but there were so many blocks left that I worked them into other projects.  So much fun.

I pieced this one in 2000 and it was machine quilted in 2001 by MG.

Used some of the charm squares and some scraps from my own stash.

Finished size is 68" x 76".

Gave to daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment